20 May 2014

Holding Back: Its Downfall

(http://1.bp.blogspot.com/)

I know that sometimes we are holding back something because we are afraid of what others might think about us or basically we don't want to be perceived something that we aren't. And I guess that's the basic reason why I am about to write this. There are a lot of things I've wasted because I keep on holding back what's on my mind because I am more devasted on it's downsides rather it's positive views.

So I'm going to share what those wasted opportunities are.


1. I FAILED AN INTERVIEW. My emotions killed me and I don't want to be expressive because I think I'll look stupid if I cry and maybe because I don't want to be branded as the emotional stud who made his way through the program. I numb myself and showed no emotions at all and all of a sudden I've realized that I should have been myself. And that would help me get through it. Good thing there's next year and gladly I have made it; however, there are no second chances all the time.




2. OUR GROUP LOSE IN A PROJECT PROPOSAL CONTEST. I had so much idea in my head and one of my groupmates was from a far more prestigious school than mine so I gave her the limelight instead. Thinking over through what she said, it made me acknowledge that my thoughts were better. So I had not made the right timing. and that panel interview sulk me cause I had nothing to share because of her. I know we have lots of ideas. Never be afraid to share them no matter who you are dealing with.Who knows you might hold the best and craziest thoughts that would turn the tables.

3. I DID NOT HAVE CLOSE-TIES WITH PEOPLE. I was chosen as one of the outstanding students of the Philippines for Region VII so we, the finalists, had a formation session wherein we need to get to know each other well. One of the finalists told me that she wanted to know me more but I don't want to. This is the moment that I have held something back. I barely share what I had in mind and only speak when asked to. However, when I started talking to people and sharing to them my life, it felt great but it was kinda too late because it was the last day. I told myself I should have never hid something again from the start.

See the downside of holding back. It sucks and yeah I know cause I experienced them. So be open-minded to be able to grab those countless of opportunities. 

No comments:

Post a Comment